Saturday, January 10, 2009

Things that I've lost track of...

~ Half of half the pairs of socks of this entire household
(
Here's a haiku on that subject)

~ About a thousand little girls' ponytail holders

~ How many times I've stepped on a little plastic army guy

~ What's in that Cool Whip container at the back of the fridge

~ My best friend in high school (sadly)

~ The states and capitols (I used to have them all memorized....)

~ The number of toddlers' wet kisses I've rubbed in...

~ The number of times I've yelled, "WHAT'S GOING ON UP THERE!?"

~ Which child it is who hates jello and which one hates whipped topping (Can you imagine?)

~ Whose turn it is to unload the dishwasher

~ Where the instruction booklet and program cd to my camera is, so I can figure out why my computer all-of-a-sudden doesn't recognize the software to download my pictures

~ The basket that goes on the front of my bike

~ The poetry I wrote and saved in a composition book through my adolescent and early college years

~ The only two baby books I actually filled out (our first two babies, of course)


~ How many times I've gotten thoughtful text messages from my oldest son's sweet girlfriend

~ Whether or not I remembered to answer the latest text from my next-oldest son's sweet girlfriend

~ Whether it's 1 or 2 tbs of sugar in my old standby biscuit recipe (used to know it by heart...)

~ The correct addresses that should have been on the 5 Christmas cards that came back to me

~ How many chocolate covered cherries I snuck off the Christmas candy trays

~ How much weight I gained over Christmas (Don't tell me; I don't want to know...)

~ The blade to my Cuisinart (that I put someplace "safe")

~ How many times the saints and angels have intervened to help us


Dear St. Anthony, please come 'round;
Something's lost that can't be found!



Unfailing Prayer to Saint Anthony


Blessed be God in His Angels and in His Saints.


O Holy St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints, your love for God and Charity for His creatures made you worthy, when on earth, to possess miraculous powers. Miracles waited on your word, which you were ever ready to speak for those in trouble or anxiety. Encouraged by this thought, I implore of you to obtain for me (request). The answer to my prayer may require a miracle. Even so, you are the saint of Miracles.


O gentle and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was ever full of human sympathy, whisper my petition into the ears of the Sweet Infant Jesus, who loved to be folded in your arms, and the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours.
Amen. (Say 13 Paters, Aves, and Glorias)




5 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

This was really WONDERFUL!!!! Can you see my smile? :) Reminds me of the things I've lost track of and MISS!! Thanx! Cathy

Soutenus said...

Careful what you ask St Anthony to find! I can just picture an avalanche of little girl's pony tail holders showering down on you! :-)

Loved this post! you made me smile, too!

In the case of your friend from HS - have you tried facebook? It is an amazing tool to bring friends back in touch. You never know who knows who and who knows another who.
6 degrees of separation and all.

Blessings!

Aubrey said...

I like that post! It made me laugh.

MightyMom said...

I've lost track of all the things I've lost track of!!

great ST Anthony prayer, I've not seen it before..

Mama to much! said...

My biggest lose track thing is who wants mustard, or chese or mayo or what on their ham sandwich! haha!