Thursday, December 25, 2008

We're Baaaack!


So, yesterday early afternoon, the computer looked like it had had a stroke. At first it couldn't recognize the keyboard (aphasia from the initial attack, we assumed), then all systems failed and it just sat staring lifelessly at all the vain efforts the boys made to resuscitate it. After several failed CPR maneuvers, we were sure it was dead. The plugs were pulled. Taps was played. There was bitter mourning. Tears shed.

Alas.
But, then ~ go figure ~ life went on:

The last few Christmas presents were wrapped,
the final decorations were hung,
all the white button-downs ironed,
children bathed, hair coiffed.
Most of us got to Midnight Mass,
where half of the children sang in the choir.

But I stayed home with William
who had had a melt-down as we loaded him into the car.
And I went to Mass this morning instead.

But, first thing, we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus,
who had mysteriously appeared in his manger overnight.
We looked through the goodies in our stockings.
Coffee was brewed.
Ham was baked.
Belgian waffles were made.

Grandma and Grandpa were fetched at the airport.
Presents were opened.
Jokes were cracked.
Tunes were played on the piano.
Pinochle was played.
Then someone, on a whim, turned on the computer
and, lo and behold,
wonder of wonders!

It booted up.

It's running fine.

A Christmas gift?

~ To be reminded of how we can survive just fine
without the distraction of the computer...

But, I'm glad we're back online!
As soon as I get a chance, I'll post some pictures and pass on whatever wisdom I can glean from the sea of thoughts and conversation mixing and mingling around me here... (You wouldn't believe some of the conversations I happen in upon.) But, the kids are all calling me a "computer hog" right now... And I guess I can't have that. (Ingrates!)
Merry, Blessed Christmas Day, Everyone!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I'm glad you are back on line too and I hope you had a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

It's a Christmas Miracle I tell ya! A Christmas miracle! hehheee
Funny how attached we become, eh?

Kaila said...

Merry Christmas,to you and your's :-)

Test said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day :0)