Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Spreading the Love

Cathy, over at A Bit of the Blarney has so kindly honored me with this award.

Aside: OK, Y'all have to know, that I can't say that phrase ~ I can't even think it ~ without going into Darren McGavin mode (You know, Ralphie's Dad in A Christmas Story) "I've won a MAJOR AWARD!" Sorry. I just had to get that out of my system. I'm so very glad this major award is not a plastic leg lamp.

All joking aside, I am very humbled that Cathy felt I deserved this recognition. I started blogging as an outlet, a chance to exercise long dormant writing and design aspirations and to document the life and times of our family ~ mostly for my own enjoyment. I signed on with the Catholic Mother's blogroll with the thought that others might read what I write, but I'm still amazed when I find out that some actually do. People who aren't even related to me! But, I feel like I'm the recipient here. All the people I've gotten to meet through this blog have truly Spread the Love to me!

Now it's my turn to pass the award on. I wish I could just put my whole Favorites list on here, as I'm enriched by so many blogs I get to visit during the week. That being impractical, I'm awarding it back around to the first five (even though I think the prescribed number might be ten...) that come to my mind. I understand this award can be received more than once, so some of these bloggers may already have received it... Hugs going out to: Suzy Q at Sailing by Starlight, Eileen at Eileen on Him, Bia at La Dolce Vita, Alice at A Number of Things, and new mama, Maryan, at A Lee in the Woudes. And I'd pass it right back to Cathy at A Bit of the Blarney, if I thought I could get away with it... Thanks, Cathy!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, you are so nice! Thank you so much for thinking of me. I really enjoy coming to your site and seeing your take on life--sometimes funny, sometimes profound, always a good read. This means a lot, thank you!

Warmly,
Eileen

Shosannah said...

Awww!
Thankyou Lisa!
Your blog is such a well deserved winner. It radiates warmth, humor and joy.
God Bless you today
Suzy

Alice said...

Oh thank you, Lisa!!
Your blog is such an inspiration, you certainly deserve this award!!

Memarie Lane said...

You are definitely the spreadingest lovingest blogger I know.

Maria (also Bia) said...

Mille grazie, Lisa..you are so incredibly nice, and visiting your blog is always a bright spot in my day.

Giod bless!

Maria (also Bia) said...

Yikes! I just realized I misspelled God...I feel like I need to say the Act of Contrition, or something!!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

You said what I thought and wasn't brave enough to write....And I even told Ron "I got a major award!" He smiled and said, "Do we put it in the living room window?!" It's just a good thing we only watch that movie a dozen time at Christmas. God Bless You and you do deserve this!!! Cathy

Lisa said...

Eileen ~ You're welcome! I feel the same about visiting "your house!" &:o)

Suzy ~ I'm blushing over here... Thank you for being so sweet! You know how much I love visiting your blogs!

Alice ~ Goodness, I so admire all you do! And I love the gentle way you share it! &:o) You inspire ME!

Marie ~ You always make me laugh! Thank-you!

Bia ~ Giggling over the misspelling... It stopped me for a minute there; I was thinking, "Oh, is that Italian for God?" I always look so forward to your posts!

Cathy ~ Thank-you so much! &:o) I'm glad someone else associated with the Christmas Story thing! Isn't that silly?