Sunday, October 7, 2007

Heads Up, Young Mothers...

Sunday morning, and a little time before I have to head out for 10:00 Mass. The roast is already on, the little boys are playing nicely with their little barn and farm animals. My wh is already at first Mass with part of the bunch ... (Splitting Masses is a whole other post topic!)

So, I was just getting dressed this morning and "fixing my face" for Mass, and made a somewhat disconcerting discovery, that I need to share with y'all really quick here.

You know that face you make? That "Don't-you-even-think-of-it!" face you make at the children? The one you use when you don't want to/have to say a word? Well, look out! I've got this crease right between my eyes now -- and I'm afraid it's a permanent crease! And I'm sure it's from making that face for twenty-odd years now. Gee whiz!

I need that face! But seriously, if I want to minimize further wrinkle damage, I'm going to have to do something! Maybe I should have two or three alternate expressions to use to keep from pressing indentations and creases in the same places all the time. I'm going to have to work on this....

(I mean, it's not vanity, really.... I'd just like for most of my wrinkles to be smile wrinkles! )

1 comment:

Joannof10 said...

I have that same wrinkle! It must be from so many kids needing so many dirty looks! I can say that because I just found your blog and just love it. Come over and see mine and the ten children that I am always giving dirty looks to also.:)