Sunday, September 16, 2007

Saying Goodbye...

...to all the little corners of our little world and our special house here in this beautiful valley.

It's looking like a move back to our old stomping grounds on the eastern prairies is iminent. I'm not sure at this point if it will be in the next two weeks, or not until Thanksgiving (when wh has a week off and the boys will all be home from school), but we're starting the packing tomorrow.

For those who don't know, our family has been separated for some time now. We're just scattered to the four winds! Not only are our four oldest boys in different cities, but my husband has had to work 5 1/2 hours away from where we live. For the last two years, he's been working in the city four to five days of the week and driving home for a couple of days on the weekends. It hasn't been fun. We've tried desperately these two years to find him a job here in this western slope valley, near the church and school we love, but it just doesn't seem to be God's Will. I'm sad about it.

But there is good news: My wh recently landed his dream job...

Unfortunately, though, it's back there, over the mountains, 5 1/2 hours from here. Dang. That's not what we'd planned, but what are ya gonna to do? God's Will will have its way.

So. Though we don't regret for a moment the two years, two months, and twelve days we got to spend here, and believe strongly that it was God's Will that we were here, we also know that it's time to go. We need to be near Daddy. We need to revive the evening ritual of his homecoming every day. I need to have the daily comfort of my husband's presence. We need someone living on-premises who doesn't mind killing spiders and who knows how to light the furnace...

And, though we know we are going forward to many good things (and, strangely, backward, as well, since we're returning to the farm we left behind two years ago), there is so much we'll miss here.

I can't locate any pictures right at the moment of the church and school or the sisters, or they'd be at the top of the list. But here are a few pictures of some of the more material things I know I'll miss:


The comfy reading nooks and the general warm, cozy feel of this house.









I loved the sunny little alcove by the master bathroom where I could keep all my makeup and jewelry and a few collectibles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prairie?? Like the one I am on?? Please?? Lisa email me!

Ellen said...

You've sure had a wonderful home and life in the mountains, Lisa, but rest assured that there are many here (right here in Saudi Aurora) who are looking forward to welcoming you back to the prairie again.