Saturday, December 8, 2007

The Feast of the Immaculate Conception

Hail, Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee...
Prov. 8, 22-35

The Lord begot me, the firstborn of His ways, the forerunner of His prodigies of long ago; from of old I was poured forth, at the first, before the earth. When there were no depths I was brought forth, when there were no fountains or springs of water; before the mountains were settled into place, before the hills, I was brought forth; while as yet the earth and the fields were not made, nor the first clods of the world. When He established the heavens I was there, when He marked out the vault over the face of the deep; when He made firm the skies above, and posed the fountains of waters; when He set for the sea its limit, so that the waters should not transgress his command; when He fixed fast the foundations of the earth; then was I beside Him as His craftsman, and I was His delight day by day, playing before Him all the while, playing on the surface of His earth and I found delight in the children of men. So now, O children, listen to me; happy those who keep my ways. Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not. Happy the man who obeys me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at my doorposts; for he who finds me finds life, and wins favor from the Lord.

My favorite of the epistles of the entire year! I pray He will find me watching daily at her gates, waiting at her doorposts...

Happy Feast of the Immaculate Conception!

4 comments:

Shosannah said...

Beautiful:0)

EC Gefroh said...

Happy Feast Day Lisa!

Unknown said...

You have been tagged for a random facts meme by another Catholic mom.

Lisa said...

&:o) Thanks, Suzy and Esther! Hope you had a blessed day!

Angelmeg ~ Just did one the other day, but they're kinda fun, so I'll try to get on for another one. &:o)