Monday, May 4, 2015

Anna Germaine Rose

In other breaking news:

Anna received the sacrament of Confirmation on Sunday! She was confirmed by our good pastor and shepherd of our flock, Bp. Pivarunas; her sponsor was our good friend, Monica Fries (I've known Monica's Mom since I was Anna's age!); and for her Confirmation saint, she chose St. Rose of Viterbo.

The saints and angels were undoubtedly swarming the church more than usual, too, I just have to say -- as it was also First Holy Communion Sunday!  Everywhere you looked yesterday -- cherubic children dressed in white, sparkling souls, nervous smiles, and beaming parents.  It was a good day!


Prayer for the Help of the Holy Spirit

O God, send forth your Holy Spirit into my heart that I may perceive, into my mind that I may remember, and into my soul that I may meditate.  Inspire me to speak with piety, holiness, tenderness and mercy.  Teach, guide and direct my thoughts and senses from beginning to end.  May your grace ever help and correct me, and may I be strengthened now with wisdom from on high, for the sake of your infinite mercy.  Amen.
Saint Anthony of Padua

No comments: