Monday, November 30, 2009

Makes My Monday


It's taken me all day long to download the pictures for this post.  Sheesh!  There's barely any Monday left for my Makes My Monday photo montage. I guess that's just the downside of having a better camera;  it seems that it takes Blogger quite some time to assimilate each shot I try to post.  So.  This has been my day: Make the kids' breakfast, download a picture; say morning prayers, download a picture; get the kids started on math, download a picture; make lunch, download; change over laundry, download, etc.... You get the picture.  (heehee!)  Anyway, here are a few random shots of our Thanksgiving -- in no particular order, because I couldn't make Blogger cooperate with me on that, either.  (Such crosses to bear...)

Our Thanksgiving
For the record, there were twenty-five (plus) pies made by the pie chefs (pictured  with a sampling down there somewhere looking "pie-faced").  There were three turkeys, two large pans of cornbread, honey-butter, and a large basket of basil rolls (made by sis, Donna), cauliflower  casserole, mashed potatoes (made with 30 lbs of potatoes, peeled by the children, mashed by Dominic), gourmet mushrooms (made by sis, Nina),   apple rings, cranberry salad, and two kinds of dressing. Oh, and a vat of iced tea. 

More than enough good eats for the extended family, minus Paul and Nicole and my brother Dave and his family, plus our friend Cathy.  Everyone ate A LOT.  (TONS.)  But there's an awful lot left. And I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all of it, but I'm grateful for the bounty. In a world where many are not as blessed, we truly have so much to be thankful for.  Lots of food.  Lots of family.  Tons of fun. Faith to sustain us.  This is what makes my Monday.





 









Run on over to Cheryl's for lots more Monday Fun!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa, it looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a whole bunch of family! Were the festivities at your home? The pies look yummy too! I loved all the pics you added too even though it took you all day! hugs...smiles across the miles..

MightyMom said...

for some reason I'm hungry.......again....

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Well, it made my Tuesday! Have a grand one! Cathy

Blessings each day said...

Can't begin to compete with all you made but Michael does eat enough for two or three people so we had an 18 1/2 lbs. turkey (he balked, wanting a 25 lbs. one!)and tons of food and four pumpkin pies that disappeared in three days.

Wish I could have just stopped in to visit at your celebration and even help with the preparation too...the smiles you captured are so endearing!

blessings and hugs,

marcy

Sara said...

Love the table full of pies!!!!

Maria (also Bia) said...

Oh what fun...and WHAT A LOT OF FOOD!!! Wow.

Again, wow. I can't get over the 25 pies.

Laura said...

Wow....great pics.
How did you get them to "collage" like that?