Jon's Napolean Torte
1 lb butter, softened
4 cups flour
2 cups sour cream
3/4 cup granulated sugar
5 tbs flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups milk, scalded
4 egg yolks, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
6 egg yolks, beaten
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 lb butter, softened
1. To make pastry: Cut butter into flour until crumbly and blend in sour cream.
2. Form dough into 10 balls
3. Cover each with wax paper and refrigerate overnight.
4. Allow dough to stand at room temp for 15 minutes, then roll each ball into a wafer thin circles on a lightly floured board.
5. Prick all over and bake at 350 degrees F. for 7 to 10 minutes. Cool.
6. To make filling #1: Mix together sugar, flour and salt in top of double boiler.
7. Gradually add hot milk, stirring constantly.
8. Cook and stir until mixture thickens.
9. Pour a small amount over egg yolks, mix thorougly, and pour back into hot mixture.
10. Cook for 2 minutes. Cool, then add vanilla.
11. To make filling #2: Pour milk into top of double boiler and cook, stirring frequently, until thickened ~ about 30 minutes.
12. Add vanilla. Cook and stir for 10 minutes.
14. Beat butter until fluffy, then slowly beat in chilled milk mixture.
15. To assemble Torte: Place one layer of pastry on a platter and spread with either filling.
16. Continue stacking, alternating fillings, until 1 layer of pastry remains.
17. Frost top and sides with remaining filling.
18. Crush remaining pastry layer and cover torte with crumbs.
19. Refrigerate for several hours.
Serves 30 normal people or about 10 teenagers.