Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cleaning Out My Picture File...

This is what I found.

The Omaha "Bigs" at Work


Dominic'sduties at the Seminary include cooking for his fellow seminarians,
as well as all the boarder kids at the school.  Here he is making garlic bread.

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt lose its savour, wherewith shall it be salted?"
 Matthew 5:13

Jon at his morning job at the hospital coffee shop, just around the corner from Dominic at the Seminary.

Caffeine is my shepherd; I shall not doze. It maketh me to wake in green pastures:
It leadeth me beyond the sleeping masses.
It restoreth my buzz:
It leadeth me in the paths of consciousness for its name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of addiction,
I will fear no Equal™:
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me.
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of The Starbucks:
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over.
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life:
And I will dwell in the House of Mochas forever.
~Author Unknown
  And at Play


Our good friend, Sarah, who works at a popular Omaha gourmet ice cream shop. (Pictured here with Jon, Michelle, and good friend, Genevieve)

"My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither, but just enjoy the ice cream while it's on your plate."



~ Thornton Wilder
 
"See how they love one another?"
~ Tertullian, 3rd century

7 comments:

auntie said...

I love your kids and I have never even "met" them. Maybe it's because they are always smiling.
I love the coffee poem. It's the reason I drink so much.
By the way, did you get the package that I sent?

Sarah said...

Can I steal that picture of me for my facebook? :)

Also, Guinness ice cream WILL be there next time you are in town.

Sarah Oldham said...

I like the sound of Guinness ice-cream. Goodness me! Yes!

I'm going to have to nick that poem and paste it on my blogs' sidebar. It's brilliant!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Wonderful pictures! Poetry not bad either!!! Well done!! Cathy

Sarah said...

Guinness ice cream is one of my FAVORITES that my shop makes. Second only to cinnamon.

Cheryle said...

Awwww that's my Sarah. I sure miss her! Thanks for sharing this. It looks like a good time was had. But honestly, can a bad time be had when ice cream is involved? I think not lol

Lisa said...

Cheryle -- a good time was had! Sarah was a wonderful hostess -- and the ice cream there is awesome! :)

Sarah ~ I'm SO looking forward to the Guinness ice cream! Thanks for putting a word in for me! We'll be in town on/around the 8th, as you know. :) I'll post a review here. (And, you may have the pic with my compliments! -- though the lighting turned out wonky. Ah well...)

Auntie (Anne) -- Thank-you! Yours have a special place in my heart and prayers, too! :0) And, there's an e-mail coming about the package and a post soon, too, if you don't mind!

Anne, Cathy, and Sarah O -- wasn't that poem a good find?? Heehee! I think I may have to put it in my sidebar, too!