Monday, October 25, 2010

A Hodgepodge of Miscellaneous Links

Every once in a while, when I get a chance to do some web surfing or I'm wandering around the 'net looking for projects or inspiration, I stumble on links that I save in my favorites.  I've piled up a few over the last few weeks since I got this new computer;  my favorites list is already cram-packed with stuff.  (Amazing how quickly I can clutter up just about anything!) But, most of these links are too good to pass by and too good not to share.  To wit:

* We're having fun with Draw the Dog  -- a fun art lesson or spectator sport for dog lovers we heard about over at Pioneer Woman.

* And we're so going to make some Saint-O-Lanterns!  Discovered the Link-up at Catholic Cuisine via The Careless Catholic.

* Love, love, love the crocheted chapel veils by Joy, found via Colleen Hammond's blog.  And this tutorial at Pondered in My Heart explains very well pretty much how we make our chapel veils at our house.

*And, I think we're too late, but we love the idea of the Fall Artist Trading Card Swap being held over at Pondered in My Heart.  (Lots of good stuff goes on over at Kimberlee's!)

* For a wonderfully-done short video on the Blessed Mother and Holy Scripture, go here.  Many thanks to Peggy for this link! My charming and always-ready-to-evangelize Protestant chiropractor asked about my brown scapular and needs just this information.  And this U-tube video explains in an appealing way more than I'd ever think to say.  More than I ever knew to say.
*  Speaking of videos...  My sis, Nina, shared the one below.  Very short.  Very mean.  Bad imitative behaviour, most definitely.  Bad penguin.  Cracked us up.  We played it over and over and over.  (What is it about watching an animal being mean that makes us laugh? I may not want to know...)

penguin knocks over another penguin into hole in water

Sunray Iz Beast | Myspace Video





Tonight I  happened to stumble upon this penguin diving video game to play.  These are nice penguins, so the children can play this game without turning into brutes or bullies.  Grown ups might get a kick out of it, too.  (I did, anyway -- which isn't saying much.)  But, you might enjoy it as a nice silly diversion to break up an otherwise ho-hum kind of Tuesday.  Or, alternatively, if you need a nice silly diversion to calm down a hectic and stressful kind of Tuesday.  Or if you just like penguins. Or want to waste some time.

But, then, to cap off the evening,  I found the Idiot Test.  And I'm not going to tell you how many times I had to push the restart button. I think it must be past my bedtime.  (Which proves the point.)

1 comment:

MightyMom said...

well the vid won't play, and I made it to average on the idiot test....but I can't seem to make it any further.....