Thursday, October 29, 2009

I'm Cute, I'm Cute! She Thinks I'm Cute!

Many thanks to dear, cute Marcy for this award!  As a young thing, I remember I hated being called "cute," but as a middle-aged thing, I'll take it!  And, let me tell ya, I need the moral reinforcement.  I was at a thrift store the other day with our friend, beautiful-young-thing, Alena.  She was just ahead of me in line, joking with the cashier about how she wished she could qualify for the senior day 50% discount.  When it was my turn to check out and the young man realized that we were together, he said to Alena, "You should have had her buy it for you!" 

 Sheesh. I'm twenty years short of a senior discount, for crying out loud.

I'm thinking we'll just chalk that up to his being a young twenty-something male with that universal male not-paying-attention-to-something-(someone)-right-in-front-of-him syndrome, mixed with a little foot in mouth disease.

Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket...

If you receive this award, you have to answer the following questions:


1) IF YOU COULD COME BACK AS AN ANIMAL, WHICH WOULD IT BE?
A bird.  One that can talk.

2) SOMETHING YOU COULDN'T LIVE WITHOUT
My Faith, my family.

3) WHAT DO YOU VALUE MOST IN ANOTHER PERSON?
Honesty, authenticity.

4) THE COLORS YOU TEND TO WEAR ARE
Green and blue.

5) THREE WORDS THAT DEFINE YOU
Resilient, creative, blessed.

6) A PLACE YOU WOULD TRAVEL TO
My top five: Ireland (and all the British Isles), Italy, New Zealand, Germany, BC Canada

7) YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE FROM A BOOK OR MOVIE
Come a-runnin'? I'm no woman to be honked at and come a-runnin'!
(And this one's for Alena: Is this a courting or a donnybrook? Have the good manners not to hit the man until he's your husband and entitled to hit you back.)
(Both from The Quiet Man)


8) SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO
Gosh, where do I start? Own a jeep and a cabin in the mountains, write a book, grow peaches, learn to play a musical instrument, learn a foreign language, pave our driveway, figure out how to get the children to throw away their own snotty kleenex!

9) YOUR MAIN STRENGTH/FORTE
It's much easier to tell you what my main weaknesses are...  But, upon thinking on it, I'd have to go back to resilience -- which means: 1 : the capability of a strained body to recover its size and shape after deformation caused especially by compressive stress (Just try being pregnant ten+ times!  I'm not a size 8, but I ain't doin too bad...)

2 : an ability to recover from or adjust easily to misfortune or change (Both of which we've had our share of)

I can take a lickin' and keep on tickin'... &:o)

* You are also supposed to send this on to seven "young" blogs and seven blogs of wisdom, but, being pressed for time this morning (gotta get school rolling here), I'm just going to pass this on to a few who are both young in heart and old in wisdom, regardless of their age or blogging years:

 Bia

2 comments:

Maria (also Bia) said...

I am with you on the snotty tissues thing...

and this time I actually completed this in a timely fashion:)

MightyMom said...

yup I had to check the link again and again....but you REALLY DID TAG ME!!

ain't you just the sweetest thing ever!

and watch out on those "senior discounts" a lot of places are giving them at 55+.....which my 57 yr old husband thinks is criminal.

and HOW MANY piano playing kids do you have that could teach you???!!!
ahem.