1. The tabletop filled with Mothers' Day cards this morning, including...
2. Michelle's poem and promise in her home-made card:
Since my hand isn't moving and my mind just went
I decided, with much dismay
Not to write the usual sentiment
You get on Mother's Day.
Instead, I thought it would prove more
If I did an action or two ~
A simple task or menial chore ~
To show how much I love you.
(This card is worth ten jobs of your choice
to be done cheerfully and without complaint!)
3. A dear and holy priest who can't give a sermon on the Blessed Mother because he gets choked up too much.
4. The chorus of "Happy Mothers' Day!" greetings all over the vestibule and church hall after Mass.
5. The venti mocha frapuccino Dan got me on the way home this morning.
6. Happy Mothers' Day greetings waiting for me in my combox and e-mail.
7. Little girls who hop-to-it to tidy the house and help Daddy make a special lunch for Mothers' Day.
8. Shrimp and coctail sauce!
9. That my almost-fourteen-year-old daughter doesn't hesitate to hug her Mom hello and goodbye, even when she's with a gaggle of girlfriends.
10. The times over the past few months that every one of my big boys has told me independently how much each of them admires and respects his father.
11. How important it is to our oldest son, Paul, to have a Nuptial High Mass when he marries.
12. My future daughter-in-law's confidences and affection ~ and her warm smile.
13. When my piano-playing son, Jon, plays a certain tune just because he knows I like it.
14. All my Little Ones' I love you, Mommy drawings.
15. The million little things that Cathy (8) and Theresa (10) do for me just because they're sweet.
16. When William (3) says, "You know what?" and I say, "What?" and he says, "I love you, Mommy!"
17. When my fifteen-year-old son, Dominic, calls just to chat.
18. To hear my twenty-year-old son, Kevvy, tell how he took his Granddad shopping at Walmart and spent the whole afternoon patiently helping him remember what they were there to buy.
19. How this same son recently announced that he will be entering the seminary in September.
20. The overwhelming goodness of God in the multitude of blessings He's showered on us through the years.