|Montgomery Clift in I Confess|
-- Great movie!
When I will happily and voluntarily give it all up.
Fun Things To Do Before Tomorrow!
* Even if you can't pack up and do it yourself, at least run over and check out all the fun going on with the Shrove Hunters.
* Here's a Pancake maze to print out for the kiddos.
* Bake some Polish Packzis! Or Pennsylvania Dutch Fasnachts! Or Swedish Fastelavnsboller ! (If you're really lazy or pressed for time, try some "cheater Packzis"...)
* Fry up some pancakes and bacon! Because fats, eggs, milk, and butter were at one time abstained from in Lent, as well as meats, this combination became the traditional "farewell" dinner for Shrove Tuesday. And the kids love it! (But you may have to have them run around the block a couple of times to get them to burn off the sugar rush before bedtime!)
* Then take some time to contemplate and discuss with the children the gravity of the coming season and the wisdom of the Church in "that wonderful, eternal rhythm of high and low tide that makes up the year of the Church: times of waiting alternate with times of fulfillment, the lean weeks of Lent with the feasts of Easter and Pentecost, times of mourning with seasons of rejoicing."
~ Maria von Trapp, Around the Year with the Trapp Family
Happy Fat Tuesday, everyone!
*This post is a "rehash" from last year. (It's just so much easier to do that sometimes... especially when I really just don't have anything much to add, ya know?)
BUT: to update for this year.... As a family, we're giving up the TV and desserts, as always. I'm going to take the plunge again and give up coffee (I need to, anyway, healthwise), but, since I wear skirts 90% of the time, anyway -- it seems redundant to give up slacks. I'm not going to set myself up for failure by trying to be up by 7 am this year (I need all the beauty sleep I can get!), but I am giving up my new-found obsession, Pintrest, until Easter. And, my plans for the blog are to... well, to keep on blogging! But to find inspirational quotes and beautiful images to go along with them (without using Pintrest!) -- because, seriously -- gotta have something fun to do or I'll go nuts!
My best wishes to all for a blessed and fruitful Lenten season this year! Keep on Lenten On!