3. What kind of animal do you think the world could live without?
4. How many Christmas trees are in your home?
We haven't put them up yet. But, by the time we're all done, there will be at least nine or ten -- all around our Nativity Scene.
5. Would you prefer to be emotionless if it mean you didn't have to feel a heartbreak?
No. I'm all about emotion and heartbreak. The flipside of heartbreak is joy; the flipside of tears is tenderness. Our Lord opened the gates of Heaven with heartbreak.
6. Do you ever experience holiday let-down or depression?
Never. We don't celebrate Christmas until Christmas Day and the twelve days after that, which bring us to the Epiphany. So, none of us is sick of Christmas when Jesus' birthday actually gets here. Half the fun of Advent is the expectation of all the fun stuff we get to do together between Christmas and New Years! And, then, when all that fun is over, we get out the gardening catalogues.
8. Why is it that we never judge people who have their teeth fixed for cosmetic reasons, but every other cosmetic procedure has a stigma?
Well, first of all, I would think that many people are "put off" because of the incredible expense incurred when these surgeries are performed. Money most of us need for just getting by. And, seriously, now. Much of the surgeries done out there don't just suggest vanity; they define it. It seems that having our noses fixed or our wrinkles smoothed is tampering with God's work. And most of us have our hands full just perfecting our inner selves, without obsessing about our noses or our figures. But having our teeth straightened seems more like fixing an accident of nature.Our smiles are so important! They're our introduction to the world -- and we're often (rightly or not) judged by them. And your dentist (and especially your orthodontist) will tell you that crooked teeth affect your bite, which can cause alignment problems, headaches, and tmj.
10. Shoes--practical or stylish?
Both, if possible. But, if it has to be one or the other, in my middle age, I always go for comfort.
11. What was the name of your first pet? Feel free to post a pic.
12. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done?
I'd say I was between 1/2 and 3/4 done. But, I'm going out today to do some shopping and hope to get almost all the way there. I hate having the shopping hanging over my head in the last weeks of Advent!