Here are the rules:
1. When tagged place the name and URL on your blog.
2. Post rules on your blog.
3. Write 7 non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Name 7 of your favorite blogs.
5. Send an email/comment on their blog letting them know they have been tagged.
So, here we go:
My Seven Random Things:
1. I met my husband while working on our college paper, The Clarion. I was the editor-in-chief; he was the sports editor.
2. I can spell just about any word you throw my way, and give you a short definition off the top of my head. My children and my siblings call at all hours, from all over the world (Well, Grand Junction, Colorado, to Omaha, Nebraska, anyway), to settle bets and get cheater help with Scrabble. I'm pleased to be the walking family dictionary.
3. But don't tell me a number. The instant I hear it, I forget it. (How many of these am I supposed to do?)
4. My second toes are bigger than my first toes. A boy once told me that means I have "Greek toes," as opposed to "Roman toes" ~ a sign of beauty, apparently... Unless, of course, the girl you're flirting with has properly regimented Roman toes, which would then, of course, be a sign of beauty. (But, hey, I'll take any crumb that's thrown my way! And, no, those are unfortunately not my legs pictured over there.)
5. I have eight keys on my keychain. I know what seven of them go to. The eighth is a mystery key that I'm afraid to throw away.
6. I used to be able to touch the tip of my nose with my tongue ~ until seventh grade, when my best friend, Sally Davis, hit me in the mouth with a golf club. (Are you still out there somewhere, Sally?) I now have TMJ and can't touch the tip of my nose with my tongue. And, now in order to open my mouth all the way, my jaw actually pops out of its socket. (Gross, huh? But the kids think it's cool...)
7. I cannot relax in a messy house. And seven teenagers stayed up until midnight in my house last night watching Batman, eating popcorn, and using every glass that used to be in our cupboard. They left to go back to school in Omaha this morning at 4 a.m., and you wouldn't believe the disaster that's nagging at me right over my shoulder! I really ought to finish this post and go back to bed (I stayed up to write this after I saw them off), but I know I'm not going to be able to stand it...
It's the makings for a great little penance to add along with my prayers for their safe journey today, for sure...
So, I'm off to vacuum up popcorn and wash glasses and sweep up debris.
But, before I go, I'd like to tag:
Alice, at a Number of Things
Matilda at Waltzing Matilda
Joann at Ten Kids and a Dog
Bia at La Dolce Vita
Muddy Mama, over at Muddy Bathwater
Marian at A Lee in the Woudes
Cathy at A Bit of the Blarney
BTW: I just know someone else tagged me for this one right before Easter, too, and I hunted all around to remember who it was, but I'm so sorry, I couldn't find it. Maybe I imagined it? There will be a post coming soon all about perimenopausal brain malfunctioning...