Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!





Here's a poem I learned in Kindergarten.
 (Can you believe I still remember it?!)

My Mother

God made a wonderful mother,
A mother who never grows old;
He made her smile of the sunshine,
He molded her heart of pure gold.
In her eyes He placed bright, shining stars,
In her cheeks, fair roses -- You see,
God made a wonderful mother,
And he gave that dear mother to me!

Happy Mother's Day, to all the Moms who are dear to us!
Those on earth: my own dear Mommy and my very special Mother-in-law;
our sweet daughter-in-law, Nicole, the mother of our beautiful grandson;
my sister-in-law, Tanya; all our aunts; and dear friends ...
As well as all of those who have passed out of this life and into the next,
 all of our grandmothers; 
and, most especially, our Mother in Heaven!

The Heavenly Mother by Margaret Tarrant

 Prayer of Mothers

Father in heaven,
grant me the grace to appreciate the dignity which you have conferred on me.  Let me realize that not even the Angels have been blessed with such a privilege— to share in your creative miracle and bring new Saints to heaven. Make me a good mother to all my children after the example of Mary, the Mother of your Son. Through the intercession of Jesus and Mary I ask your continued blessings on my family. Let us all be dedicated to your service on earth and attain the eternal happiness of your kingdom in heaven.

No comments: