1. Brisk mornings, warm afternoons.
* Heater on the way to school; a/c on the way home.
2. Getting to wear favorite sweaters and flip flops on the same day.
* Loving that we're seeing the cute little crocheted cape-lets in the stores again. So cute and functional for this time of year, especially!
6. Pulling out and putting up our fall decorations.
* Was planning to go out in the barn and pull in the fall bins last week -- until Cathy came in with a three foot long shedded snake skin she found out there. So, um -- needless to say, I'm at Dan's mercy to bring the bins in for me now... Maybe that'll happen before All Saints' Day.
7. Finding new recipes for zucchini, pumpkin, and corn.
|* Birthday boy on the 28th -- but also|
now shares the 8th with the BVM,
as he entered Religion on her birthday.
9. My birthday and Brother Pio's within shouting distance of the Blessed Mother's
10. Drinking spiced chai with Cathy over GK Chesterton on quiet homeschool mornings.
* Doesn't get much better than that. Grieving over the rest of the children missing out on these mornings -- and realizing more and more that we really are homeschoolers at heart...