Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Feast of St. Dominic


O Holy Priest of God and glorious Patriarch, St. Dominic, thou who wast the friend, the well-beloved son and confidant of the Queen of Heaven, and didst work so many miracles by the power of the Holy Rosary, have regard for my intercessions.

On earth you opened your heart to the miseries of your fellow man, and your hands were strong to help them; now in heaven your charity has not grown less nor has your power waned.


Pray for me to the Mother of the Rosary and to her divine Son, for I have great confidence that through your assistance I shall obtain the favor I so much desire: (mention your intentions). Amen.



"A man who governs his passions is master of his world.
We must either command them or be enslaved by them.
It is better to be a hammer than an anvil."


- Saint Dominic

Happy Nameday, Dominic Alan!

Dominic and I are off on a school shopping and hiking excursion today!  Then, Dan and I are using our babysitting while we've got it to have a couple of days together in the mountains. Then I'm heading down to Denver Friday through Sunday to spend some time with Kevvy.  Kev is moving to Minnesota next week to help teach at the school there and pursue some other interests in that state, so I need to touch base with him while I have a chance.  And, I need to check in on Jon who's having his wisdom teeth pulled on Friday.  (Shew!)  When I come back, I may need to recover for a bit...  So TaTa for now!  I'll be back sometime next week...  Everyone take care and God bless you! 

( I've posted ahead some shots of the sky for a Skies on Friday  should you be around...)


But, for today:

Life of St. Dominic here!
A coloring page here or copy and print the following:

2 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Wishing you well! Safe travels dear friend!!! Cathy

Therese said...

happy feast day to your Dominic.

Hope you have lots of fun on your trip.