1. "Mommy, I love you more than dinosaurs.
(Followed by deep, purposeful, decisive sigh.)
I even love you more than Bigfoot."
(I am so honored, Yuyum.)
2. "Mommy, I don't really want to be rich.
I just want lots of chocolate."
(Me, too, Anna.)
Cathy teaching Anna how to make Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie:
3. "The most important thing is the measuring spoons."
(An apt analogy for life in some ways...)
Cathy and Theresa's famous
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
6 Tablespoons softened butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 9-inch round baking pans with foil, extending foil over edges of pans.
2. Beat butter, both sugars and \vanilla until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Stir together flour and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread one-half the batter into each pan, spreading to 1 inch from the edge (as the cookies will spread to the edge when baking.)
3. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely; carefully lift from pan and remove foil. Cut each cookie into triangular wedges.
* For a special treat, serve with a scoop of icecream!