Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Random Qs Wednesday

* What is the most important thing about electronics? What does this say about you?


I don't know that it's the most important thing, in general, but the most pertinent thing to me about
electronics is that the technology allows me to communicate with not only my far-away friends and family -- but to communicate, in general, in a way that's comfortable to me. I'm one of those weird temperaments (INFJ on the Meyer's Briggs scale thingy) that is essentially an introvert with an inborn instinct to communicate. I could live on a desert island and never again see another living soul, so long as I had books and internet with messaging (and, well, yeah, my husband. I would miss him terribly if he weren't here, live and in living color). Also, Amazon music playlists and Audiobooks, are, in my opinion, the best things ever invented.

That said, though, looking at the big picture, I think the internet has been a weirdly bipolar force in our modern world. It can be a very dangerous portal to evil -- in the same way that books, magazines, television and movies have always been, and so must be carefully monitored if used at all by our children, and carefully used by just everyone. But there are all kinds of evil introduced by the internet. It's allowed the detrimental influence of the globalist cabal through Big Tech and the lamestream media to have a far larger sway than I think they would have if folks didn't walk around with constant updates from the far left popping up literally in their hands 24/7/365. BUT, it's also allowed for the alternate media to have an international voice that it probably could not have had otherwise. If we were still connected chiefly through print media and four television stations, none of us would know the first thing about all the fraud in the 2020 election, for instance, and the reality of the mind control perpetrated through the so many worldwide industries. So, yeah. The technology that's come with electronics is a double-edged sword. We will never go back to the simple days of limited media we think we can trust, so I guess the take-away is to be grateful we do have good options (if we're vigilant and thoughtful) where we can still find and discern the truth of what is really going on in the world. 

What this says about me: I guess I really do still want to know what's going on in the world -- as much as it pains me. And I want to be able to comment on it. But not in person. So the technology scales tip to positive for me.



  1. * Why do people care about celebrities? Do you care about celebrities?


  2. I believe the world's fascination with celebrities comes from the fact that we are hardwired to seek a Higher Authority, a Greater Good. In a world that has become increasingly Godless, worldly people have defaulted to those figures that have been glamorized by the influencers (BigTech and Lamestream Media) instead of to God. Things like beauty, power, money, and fame, and athletic ability have become our gods. Not an unusual problem in the history of the world, but the general acceptance of Godlessness and the marginalization -- and even persecution -- of Godliness has reached epic proportions. A sad situation. Pop celebrities are almost those with the least intelligence, character, personal morality and wisdom, and least worthy of our attention.
  3. Needless to say, I don't care the least about pop celebrities. The closest thing to pop celebrities in my world are folks like G.K. Chesterton and Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen -- who are almost contemporary figures (and flawed, yes, but men worth some credit). Far better celebrities are the Blessed Mother and the whole Communion of Saints, that goes without saying. If I were forced to choose a current "celebrity," there are a couple people for whom I I do have a high regard. I generally trust the opinions of  D'nesh DSouza, for instance, and Sean Hannity and Candace Owens, and I have an appreciation for the vision and political integrity of our president, Donald Trump. But my regard for them is with careful vigilance and nowhere close to undying loyalty. I don't give a hoot about movie stars or athletes, though. Seriously. Meh. 

  1. * What is the most annoying thing someone can do to you?
  2. There's annoying and annoying. Cracking of knuckles is an irritant, but one I can ignore. Mumbling bothers me -- just because I have a hard enough time hearing anyways, and I do want to know what you are saying. But really annoying, that which is hard to brush away -- is when I ask someone to be mindful of cleaning up after themselves (shutting drawers and cabinets, for instance) -- and they just don't do it. Repeatedly. I hate to be taken for granted as the slave of the house when it takes so little effort for people who also live here to be thoughtful in small ways. I know it's a great means of mortification to follow behind people and just do these things, but the flip of that coin is that I am then enabling these people to be thoughtless cretins. Not a good thing. Am I right, Moms, or am I right?

  3. * Do you overexaggerate? What are the pros and cons of this?
  4. "Over-exaggerate?" I guess that depends on what you mean by exaggerating overly. (wink) Um. To answer honestly: most of the people in my family have a strong inclination to the Irish telling of tales -- that talent which takes the simplest chronology of events and turns it into entertainment, complete with creative embellishment of details. Not lying exactly, just tweaking the hue and contrast of the picture a bit, iykwim. In other words, not something necessarily to be taken to the priest in Confession, but if you ask someone else to tell you the same story, it might not sound quite the same. But they're the same story. It's just that the Irish story teller stands on a different side of every "room" -- the side where the fun interpretation colors the viewpoint.
Pro: Lots more fun.
Con: Some people object to having more fun and want the facts; only the facts.
  1. * Have you played any instruments before? Which instruments?
  2. The flutophone in 7th grade. If you handed me one today, 44 years later, I could probably still play the Carol of the Bells. And nothing else. I have a dulcimer I really want to learn how to play, though. We'll see if my brain can still learn such a thing.

  3. * Do you like taking selfies? Why or why not?
  4. No. Too much nose. No matter how I hold the phone, I look like this:


  5. God took good care of any inclination toward vanity for me. 

2 comments:

Charlotte (MotherOwl) said...

What is the most annoying thing someone can do to you?
I am with you ALL THE WAY! But I want to add "Making me do Capchas to comment" to your wonderful list.

Lisa said...

It's still there?? UGH! I went in yesterday and thought I'd finally gotten rid of it... Let me try again!