Friday, May 14, 2010
2. Just signed a contract with a realtor, too, so we have to leave the house spotless before we leave on the trip. Ugh.
3. Gabe has learned how to play Heads or Tails -- and he is driving me nuts. Heads or Tails, Mommy? Heads, I say. I'm wrong. Ten minutes later: Heads or Tails, Mommy? Tails, I say. I'm wrong. It wouldn't be driving me so nuts if I got one right every once in a while...
4. Nicole goes for her first OB (Baby!) appointment today and she and Paul will hopefully get to hear our little grandbaby's heartbeat. What a wonderul moment that is! I remember the first time we ever heard a baby's heartbeat -- Paul's 22 years ago. You think you understand that you're going to have a baby, you have a good academic understanding that a little life is growing within you, and you ponder and worry and project what that means. You think you get it. And then you hear that little heart and you really get it. You know it's real. He or she is real. Wow. Heads or tails Nicole will cry?
5. About motherhood, but a completely different take... I wrote a rant about this, but decided not to post it, as I think the fact of the outrage speaks for itself and you can probably guess what I would say without my saying it. Here's what: This past Sunday, Mother's Day Sunday, the Denver Post elected to publish on its front page an article celebrating the fiftieth anniversary of "the pill." This was the only mention of Mothers' Day other than a story embedded later in the paper that sympathized with the fate of a mother whose son had been seriously injured in Iraq. God bless her. And of course there were sales ads. Happy Mothers' Day, Denver.
God help us.
6. But, again on Motherhood... I'm thinking about making a small blog called "Mothers' Helper." I'll only add to it occasionally, as time and inspiration allow, but its main purpose would be to share little tricks of the trade I've learned over twenty-three years and ten children. I want desperately not to be preachy, but I've been asked to share what I've learned -- and who knows what might help someone else through a sticky spot I had to navigate by trial and error? Anyway, if you think this would be useful, let me know, and I'll get on it this summer.
7. This is what roughing it with twenty people for a week looks like.
More Quick Takes at Conversion Diaries!