Gae, from Cherished Hearts at Home tagged me for the newest meme going around (Thank-you, Gae!), and I'm going to have some fun with it, and use it to shamelessly fish for compliments from my children... Instead of tooting my own horn (which just felt awkward), I'm curious to see what my kids will say makes their mommy "awe-summ." I figure my chances of putting myself at risk are as good as really getting compliments from my teenagers, though, so it's not really all that shameless, really. You just never know what they're going to say. I promise to list their plugs or slugs verbatim, regardless.
Here are the rules of the meme:
1. List Seven Things That Make You Awe-Summm!
2. Pass the award on to seven bloggers you read religiously.
3. Tag those seven bloggers.
Here are seven awe-summm mom-points from the kids:
(Have at it, you guys...)
1) The ability to clean the same messes made by her children over and over and over and over and over (for almost the past 21 years)... WITHOUT Complaining. (Dominic, 15)
Aside from Mom: Haha, Dominic. You're kidding, right? I never, ever complain. Riiiiiight...
2) How she never fails to get you a treat of some kind when out running errands, where Dad might never even think about it. (Jon, 18)
Aside from Mom: It's just not a Dad thing. He's the one who balances the checkbook...
3) Cooking the best foods. Like scones, her roast beef, all kind of breads, her chicken, her jelly -- yummy!!! (Cathy, 8)
Aside from Mom: Every Mom knows the way to a kid's heart is through her stomach.
4) Her willingness to let me borrow her earrings whenever I ask, even after I have lost a few pairs. (Also for letting me borrow her shoes, socks, and just about everything I ask her for!) (Michelle, 14)
Aside from Mom: That gives me the right to borrow Michelle's stuff, too, though. (If it fits, which nothing does but her earrings...)
5) Always knowing when something's bothering you, and knowing how to fix it. (Theresa, 10)
Aside from Mom: I wish I always knew how to fix things... I do try to.
6) "Nose he that never took a pinch, nose he....." Her raising us with unending discipline with a cushion of love and Mentos. (Kevvy, 20)
Aside from Mom: Gosh, explanations needed here, huh? We used to have a game we played on the long drive home from errands in Denver: I'd keep a roll of Mentos on hand and anyone who was along with me on would get a Mento whenever we went under an overpass. It was just a silly little thing we did. It's funny Kevin remembered that; he hasn't been with me on a Mento drive for a long time! The nose quote I will have to explain in more detail -- hopefully by the end of the week.
7) How she hugs and kisses. How she dresses with her nice skirts and shirts how beautiful. (As quoted to Cathy from Gabriel, 5)
Aside from Mom: I don't wear "nice skirts and shirts how beautiful" every day -- but maybe I will now, as it seems to mean a lot to little Gabe!
** Hey, so I made out pretty well, didn't I? &:o) I'm actually blushing here. Do these kids know which side their bread is buttered on, or what?
Here are my tags for Queens of All Things:
Cathy at A Bit of the Blarney
Bia at La Dolce Vita
Sara at My Wonderful Life
Aubrey at Laughing All The Way
Laura at Catholic Teacher Musings
Marcy at Blessings Each Day
Kim at A Dog and Pony Show
All definitely Awe-summm!!!