Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Tickle Me Tuesday

 Just a little blast from the past.... with pertinence right now. (Photo circa June, 2019)

Gabe: "These teeth? You want me to smile with these teeth?"
William: 😁
This photo is an example of summer haircuts -- which have always been rather a point of contention between me and the Davis boys - all seven of them. They like traditional skull-shining-through buzz cuts. I do not. I don't mind short crew cuts, mind you, but I prefer a little fringe of bangs to shade their eyes -- and soften the glare. Soothes my aesthetic sensibilities. Usually, though, unless I cut their hair, my aesthetic sensibilities take a back seat to coolness and simplicity.
So, here's the thing. Here we are: 2023, William's graduation year, my last high schooler is leaving the minor seminary. Historically, in the 5 years Br. Simon and William have attended St. Joseph, I've gotten them back in June, shorn like sheep. The barbers in charge of the minor seminarians haircuts don't generally have a lot of time for foolishness like bangs. And I get it. But this year, much to my surprise, William has bangs that brush nicely to the side above his forehead. #2 all over, blended to#4 and a little longer in front. Very handsome. Just like I would do it. Because, as William told me, his brother cut it and: "Father Philip said you would like it."
Which I DO. Thank you, Fr. P!
It's the dumbest little acts of kindness and courtesy sometimes, isn't it, that make your Momma heart swell? Lol! BANGS! ❤ My boys love me. ☺️

William Thomas Gerome Davis
Graduated with honors (and nice haircut)
from St. Joseph Minor Seminary, June 2023


No comments: