Monday, September 13, 2021

Simple Woman Monday, September 13th

 For Today

Looking out my window... it's overcast and cooler today! (Yay!) And this: Saturday afternoon, Michelle and Cathy and Dominic and Monica and all the grandkids there-with came over to help Mommom and Dandad put out all the traditional autumn decorations. 🍁And so this is now outside our window...

Venerable old "Jack the Haystack" -- who is older (at least his
head is, anyway...) than Dominic -- coerced by Dominic out of
his bin in the barn to take up this post, guarding the tomatoes.

I am thinking... I have a LOT to do in the next week -- prepping for two trips within the next month -- and why am I sitting here like a Monday morning slug, not doing any of the things I should be doing?

I am thankful... That, in this phase of my life, I CAN sit here like a Monday morning slug if I want to. 😊 (And then scurry like crazy to make up for it later, with nobody to blame but myself...)

I am creating...  Finishing up the book study for the children's book, Snow Treasure, before the snow flies! After this week, I may not have another chance until after Christmas! So that's going to keep me busy these next few days. Also I got half of the thermal curtains for the RV hemmed and in place last week (which sums up the grand total of my sewing portfolio: I can sew in a straight line! Pretty much. ) But, I may or may not get to finishing the last four panels any time soon, because the fact that they are too long is hidden by the couch that they are hanging behind. Out of sight, out of mind, on the bottom of the to-do list... 😬

am wearing... my most comfortable old dress, one I wore when I was pregnant with Michelle -- that's how old it is! Shelly is 26! 😳 So, I can choose between thinking "some things never go out of style" and "I don't care." Or both. 😏 It's a short-sleeved, collared, high-wasted, button down, with light blue denim bodice and a navy blue, flowered, a-line skirt. Loose and cool and easy to move around in -- and hides the fact that I ate too much ice cream and pie on my birthday.

I am reading... nothing of note right now, but I have the biography of Pope Leo XIII in my queue at Abebooks that I'm hoping to purchase soon to read on the plane on the way to Germany in October -- because that's where I'm finally booked to go -- to see Kevin and Ina and meet our granddaughter, Sophia for the first time! 

Also, Dan booked a week for us in the Wisconsin woods next week as a birthday gift, so that's a relaxing vacay to look forward to before the less relaxing one! I'll probably bring something light to read in the cabin -- maybe a Georgette Heyer. πŸ’—

I am hoping... that nothing in this kookoo world fouls up the plan to fly overseas! These days, you just never know...

One more picture thought for the day...

What I got for my birthday Saturday. There was other stuff, but these were my favorite! Six of our eleven (L-R): Claudia, Daria, and Ella (Michelle's); on my lap: Dom and Monica's Claudia and Cathy and Louis's Chloe; and in front, Dom and Monica's Margaret. Love these beauties!
They are among the many blessings I count every single day!




1 comment:

auntie said...

Lisa, loved reading this. I almost smell fall in the air (though in TN it's hard to imagine right now) I pray that nothing comes between you and your trip. I am so blessed that I have gotten to see all my grands and none are ignorant of their zany grandma.
What a beautiful bunch of blondies you have. That little Margaret sure has her grandma's sunny smile. Keep sharing my friend. You will never know, this side of heaven, how your homey descriptions touch the hearts who read you.