Monday, April 19, 2021

Simple Woman Monday, April 19th

 

For Today

Looking out my window...
It snowed today! Not much, just a dusting. (Dust adjusting.) Right on top of all my daffodils and tulips, though, durnit. I don't know why these mid April cold snaps still take me by surprise.

I am thinking...
I'm glad I got all my bedding plants covered up last night.

I am thankful...
For my quiet little cocoon, our new RV -- where I can hole up with my work and dive in to whatever I need to work on with very few interruptions -- and then pop in over at the big house to commune with my sweet peeps over there. C'est si bon!

One of my favorite things...
White cheddar cheese dip from Sam's on garlic parmesan pretzel chips -- and a pot o' tea.

I am creating...
Gosh. Lots.  But not finished with any of it, by a long shot. Working on the Liturgical Year calendar for May. Thinking and taking notes for conversations to have with our son, Kevvy on his Catholic Family Podcasts.  Just starting to work ahead on some Christmas gifts for Christmas 2021. Making little critters to fit in the funny little toy Ferris Wheel I got the granddaughters. Still working on the Reading Comprehension workbooks for the Sisters for next year. Still editing my own writing projects to maybe someday finish and publish. Maybe?

I am wearing...
Red, navy, yellow, and white patterned maxi skirt; short-sleeve navy blue turtle-neck; red cardigan; navy blue sneakers.

I am reading...
French Women Don't Get Facelifts by Mireille Guiliano. I bought this books many years ago -- before I actually needed a facelift. I'm reading it again to see if I'm just as convicted now about going 'naturally and serenely' into old age -- as I was back when I wasn't feeling arthritic and wrinkled -- and not particularly serene.

I am hoping...
It warms up soon. I'm ready to plant the bedding plants waiting on my patio.

I am learning...
That I still have so much to learn! And re-learn. Seems for every new thing I soak up, I forget about 8 old things I should remember.

A picture thought for the day...

Hearts of my heart. Four of our nine granddaughters taking
after their book-loving grandmother. I'm so proud.


That's my gang up there. You bet. :)





No comments: