Thursday, February 21, 2019

Thursday Blast From the Past

This post and photo from February, 2018

"William, you know, with my reading glasses on, I can count all your freckles; I can see the pores in your skin!"

"Can you see... my... soul?" Grimace. "No, don't answer that. I know you can. You're my mother."

Note this, kids: all mothers can. It's a skill that comes with the eyes in the backs of our heads. Good that Yuyum knows this. Shame that he'll forget about it in a few short years...

Note from now, February, 2019: William is a teenager, thirteen years three months old to be exact, and he has not forgotten how mothers just know things. He punctuates his weekly phone conversations from the minor seminary with phrases like: "You would ask that" and "I know this will come as no surprise to you..." (He still talks like a thirty-year-old time traveler from the nineteenth century). AND he knows I have spies... Everywhere. (Mwahaha!)




Gabe and William nowadays.



No comments: