Sunday, November 16, 2014

Hi, again. It's me.

Over here with a mug of apple cider in my hand, and chilly toes because I'm sitting in the far corner of the living room, way too far from the wood stove.  It's cooold outside; twenty degrees or so, and this is a drafty house.  I need to have some child come sit on my feet to warm them up. Some small child.

Do you remember I was saying the other day how we'd had several of the seminarians over for dinner? Well, I forgot to tell you one of the 'funnies' of the evening.  Ever the (ahem) attentive host, William put in an excellent effort keeping conversation flowing while our guests waited for dinner.  Among other things (a lot of other things, because William is never at a loss for words), he told them about how he and Gabe are learning to serve -- about how they know the Suscipiat and almost the whole Confiteor --  and about how Dominic built them a really cool little outdoor altar to practice... (are you ready for this?)  to practice... their aerobics on...

Bahahaha!

Needless to say, the room exploded with laughter -- and Dominic raised his voice above the din to explain what most of them had already gathered: "He means rubrics!  It's for practicing the rubrics!"

 Facepalm.

(We're still laughing over this one.  Poor guy may never hear the end of it.)

William.  This guy.
(Wish I had a picture of the 'aerobics' altar -- not sure how I missed taking a picture of that!   It's on the to-do list to get out and take one...  and I'll try to get it posted, too, even!)

aerobics (n.)
any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling,that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen

rubrics (n. pl.)
directions for the conduct of divine service or the administration of the sacraments, inserted in liturgical books.

No comments: