Monday, February 1, 2021

Simple Woman Monday, February 1st

 What I'm seeing..
It's a cloudy grey day outside and our driveway is still impassable, but at least I don't have to trudge down to the car to go anywhere today... It's nice and warm and comfy inside, though, and my pooch and I have decided to just chill out. Like he always does this time of morning, Dawsey is snoozing on the chair in Dan's office -- probably wondering where on earth Dan is. Where he is: in California visiting his Mom and Dad. His Dad is still in the hospital, though -- and, insanely, nobody is seeing him -- including his wife, who is a nurse... (muttermutter)  God willing, he'll be out soon and Dan -- and Fr. G.! -- will get to see him!

What I'm hearing... a home makeover show running in the background (though I haven't really been paying attention to it).

What I'm thinking... I need to be a good girl and not excuse eating off-diet just because Dan's not here. I am a grown up. I do know better.

What I'm planning... Cleaning out the pub this week. My word, what a mess out there! Not only has it been the bottom of the don't-know-where-to-put-it funnel since Christmas, but it's also served as a workshop for I don't know how many projects-half-finished. Ugh. But we need to utilize every inch of storage space in there since we're clearing out all the bedrooms upstairs for Dominic and Monica and family to move in come Easter. This is going to be quite a project. Tetris. It's going to be Tetris on a large scale. Also need to take down the Creche and the last remaining Christmas decorations. Candlemas Day is Tuesday already!

Quote for the day...

 From St. John Bosco, whose feast day was yesterday: 

"O my children, how great is Divine Providence! How generous God is to us! How much He loves us! Let us always be grateful and good! Let us love Him and never offend Him! In turn He will always provide for our needs."

Picture thought for the day:

Unplanned.
(I was laughing. They didn't think it was as funny as I did.)



No comments: